- J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Pursuit and Evasion with Uncertain Bearing Measurements Journal of Computational Geometry Note: In Review.
- P. Plonski, J. VanderHook, C. Peng, N. Noori, and V. Isler. Navigation Around an Unknown Obstacle for Autonomous Surface Vehicles Using a Forward-Facing Sonar Cond. Accepted Towards Long-Term Autonomy in Marine Robotics, Autonomous Robotics Special Issue, 2015
- J. VanderHook, Tiago Stegun Vaquero, Federico Rossi, Martina Troesch, Marc Sanchez-Net, Joshua Schoolcraft, Jean-Pierre de la Croix, Steve Chien Mars On-site Shared Analytics Information and Computing To Appear in 29th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling Berkeley, CA 2019.
- Dynamic Shared Computing Resources for Multi-Robot Mars Exploration Joshua Vander Hook, Tiago Stegun Vaquero, Martina Troesch, Jean-Pierre de La Croix, Joshua Schoolcraft, Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay and Steve Chien In Workshop on Planning and Robotics in 28th International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling. Delft, Netherlands, 2018.
- Jean-Pierre de la Croix, Grace Lim, Joshua Vander Hook, Amir Rahmani, Greg Droge, Alexander Xydes, and Chris Scrapper. Mission modeling, planning, and execution module for teams of unmanned vehicles. In Unmanned Systems Technology XIX vol. 10195, p. 101950J. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2017.[pdf] [bib]
- Wolf, Michael T., Amir Rahmani, Jean-Pierre de la Croix, Gail Woodward, Joshua Vander Hook, David Brown, Steve Schaffer, Marc Pomerantz CARACaS multi-agent maritime autonomy for unmanned surface vehicles in the Swarm II harbor patrol demonstration In Unmanned Systems Technology XIX vol. 10195, p. 101950O. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2017.[pdf] [bib]
Reports and Theses
- P. Tokekar, J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Sensor Planning for a Symbiotic UAV and UGV system for Precision Agriculture . 2013
- N. Noori, P. Plonski, A. Renzaglia, P. Tokekar, J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Long-Term Search Through Energy Efficiency and Harvesting . 2013
- J. VanderHook, P. Tokekar, V. Isler. Cautious Greedy Strategy for Bearing-based Active Localization: Technical Report. 2012
- J. VanderHook, D. Kelley. Experimental Verification of Costless-Merge Pairing Heaps MNSU Journal of Undergraduate Research. Bachelors Thesis, 2010, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Invited and non-conference
J. VanderHook "Robotic Sensor Networks" at ARCS Annual Awards Dinner, October 2013. University of Minnesota.
J. VanderHook "Escaping Ageing Lions" at Graduate Student Colloqium, Fall, 2013. University of Minnesota.
J. VanderHook "Searching with Bearing Measurements" at Graduate Student Colloqium, May 10, 2013. University of Minnessota.
J. VanderHook, P. Tokekar, V. Isler. "Finding and Localizing Radio-Tagged Carp with An Autonomous Robotic Boat" American Fisheries Society, 2012 Saint Paul, MN.