- H. Bayram, J. VanderHook, and V. Isler. Gathering Bearing Data for Target Localization IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 1(1): 369-374, 2016
- Patrick A. Plonski, J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Environment and Solar Map Construction for Solar-Powered Mobile Systems IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 32(1): 70-82, 2016.
- J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Pursuit and Evasion with Uncertain Bearing Measurements Journal of Computational Geometry Note: In Review.
- P. Plonski, J. VanderHook, C. Peng, N. Noori, and V. Isler. Navigation Around an Unknown Obstacle for Autonomous Surface Vehicles Using a Forward-Facing Sonar Cond. Accepted Towards Long-Term Autonomy in Marine Robotics, Autonomous Robotics Special Issue, 2015
- N. Noori, P. Plonski, A. Renzaglia, P. Tokekar, J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Constrained Probabalistic Search for a One-Dimensional Random Walk IEEE Transactions on Robotics In Review.
- V. Isler, N. Noori, P. Plonski, A. Renzaglia, P. Tokekar, and J. VanderHook. Finding and Tracking Targets in the Wild: Algorithms and Field Deployments International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics, pp 1-8, 2015.
Reports and Theses
- P. Tokekar, J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Sensor Planning for a Symbiotic UAV and UGV system for Precision Agriculture . 2013
- N. Noori, P. Plonski, A. Renzaglia, P. Tokekar, J. VanderHook, V. Isler. Long-Term Search Through Energy Efficiency and Harvesting . 2013
- J. VanderHook, P. Tokekar, V. Isler. Cautious Greedy Strategy for Bearing-based Active Localization: Technical Report. 2012
- J. VanderHook, D. Kelley. Experimental Verification of Costless-Merge Pairing Heaps MNSU Journal of Undergraduate Research. Bachelors Thesis, 2010, Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Invited and non-conference
J. VanderHook "Robotic Sensor Networks" at ARCS Annual Awards Dinner, October 2013. University of Minnesota.
J. VanderHook "Escaping Ageing Lions" at Graduate Student Colloqium, Fall, 2013. University of Minnesota.
J. VanderHook "Searching with Bearing Measurements" at Graduate Student Colloqium, May 10, 2013. University of Minnessota.
J. VanderHook, P. Tokekar, V. Isler. "Finding and Localizing Radio-Tagged Carp with An Autonomous Robotic Boat" American Fisheries Society, 2012 Saint Paul, MN.